Locomation, Inc. is bringing together leading experts in robotics and transportation to revolutionize the trucking industry. Locomation is making trucking safer and transportation more efficient through automated driving technology. With our headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA, we are building a high-performance team excited by complex engineering challenges and passionate about shaping the future of transportation.
We are recruiting top talent to be a part of our growing, fast-moving and execution-oriented team. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek to help build this future. We want you here at Locomation, if you have a collaborative spirit and curiosity.
About Your Role:
You will be directly involved in building out and maintaining Locomation's sensor calibrations. You will work In close collaboration with the engineering and operations teams, your work will ensure that our trucks sense the world accurately and operate with high precision and reliability.
About Your Work:
- Test, improve, and utilize calibration software and processes.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with calibration processes and tools.
- Ensure all sensors and systems are properly calibrated before releasing to Testing Teams.
- Keep records of calibrations.
- Create, maintain and improve technical documentation for calibration of sensors.
- Own the calibration-related parts of the bring-up process for new and retrofitted trucks before releasing them to the testing teams.
- Work with the software engineers to set dates on the validity of calibration parameter values (i.e., how long the calibration is accurate for).
- Work alongside the Test Engineers to collect appropriate data for review and calibrations.
- Build and maintain sensor test equipment and equipment.
- Update software/firmware on equipment.
- Understand and execute test procedures written by the Software Engineers and or the Calibration Engineers.
- If needed, support related efforts, such as facilitating data collection and sensor evaluation efforts led by Test Engineering teammates.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience in a calibration role.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to utilize abstract reasoning techniques to formulate problems and establish creative solutions.
- Comfortable using Linux and a command-line interface.
- Comfortable with learning new proprietary software.
- Be a self-starter; be hands-on; and willing and able to design and build things yourself when needed.
- Google Workspace (G-Suite) experience.
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence) knowledge and experience.
Nice To Haves:
- Understand automotive components and relevant understanding of calibration software. systems.
- Have experience working with automotive or similar industry standards.
- Proven ability to build, test, and iterate quickly.
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry is preferred.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Locomation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Locomation, Inc. employment policies.