Locomation, Inc. is bringing together leading experts in robotics and transportation to revolutionize the trucking industry. Locomation is making trucking safer and transportation more efficient through automated driving technology. With our headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA, we are building a high-performance team excited by complex engineering challenges and passionate about shaping the future of transportation.
We are recruiting top talent to be a part of our growing, fast-moving and execution-oriented team. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek to help build this future. We want you here at Locomation, if you have a collaborative spirit and curiosity.
About Your Role
You will be directly interfacing with multiple teams, this position is crucial to supporting the org. You will work directly with the operations, and testing teams while keeping track of current and new hardware configurations.
About Your Work
- Quality Assurance (Q/A) all incoming parts/equipment for truck build-outs/operations
- Track all hardware configurations to keep parity across the fleet
- Track all serial numbers for all hardware and equipment
- Track and store all accessories/manuals that come with the equipment
- Creates, maintains, and follows internal standard operating procedures and best practices
- Creating tickets (in Jira) for the Test/Ops/Hardware teams
- Initiates internal Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) process for failing parts
- Coordinates with Buyer/Purchasing Agent (for inventory Purposes) to procure parts for autonomous vehicles
- Procure non-autonomous vehicle parts with relative parties for repairs on base OEM vehicles
- E.g. Part suppliers, OEM Dealer, etc.
- Tracks all part orders
- Coordinates shipments of parts and materials to multiple locations
- Maintains accurate inventory counts in numerous locations by performing regular cycle counts
- Monitors all inventory levels, submits stock orders when necessary
- Coordinate purchase of new vehicles
- Experience with/or building tracking systems for all hardware and equipment
- Establish and support test activities to Q/A new components
- Experience working with purchasing agents to procure parts and equipment for vehicles
- Have experience and understanding in Jira and Atlassian suite
- Experience in supply chain management
- Be a self starter, be hands-on, willing, and able to design and build things yourself when needed
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and communication skills with a positive attitude
Nice To Haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant experience
- Previous experience in the Autonomous Vehicle Industry
- Experience initiating return merchandise authorizations for failing parts
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Relevant experience in inventory management
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Locomation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Locomation, Inc. employment policies.