Locomation, Inc. is bringing together leading experts in robotics and transportation to revolutionize the trucking industry. Locomation is making trucking safer and transportation more efficient through automated driving technology. With our headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA, we are building a high-performance team excited by complex engineering challenges and passionate about shaping the future of transportation.
We are recruiting top talent to be a part of our growing, fast-moving and execution-oriented team. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek to help build this future. We want you here at Locomation, if you have a collaborative spirit and curiosity.
About Your Role:
Locomation, Inc. seeks a Senior Robotics Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA, responsible for building the company’s automated driving technology from design through manufacturing and testing.
Specific duties include:
- developing algorithms for one or more of perception, behavior and motion planning, positioning and localization, vehicle control and other key subsystems;
- helping with designing, implementing and documenting the autonomous driving software infrastructure;
- implementing and testing various AI and robotics algorithms applied to automated driving;
- helping with implementing support frameworks and software for calibration, diagnostics, and data analysis;
- collaborating with the hardware team to define software/hardware interfaces;
- working closely with mechanical, electrical and software engineering teams to develop systems from concept to production; and
- establishing and supporting test activities to verify component and system behaviors.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or a directly related field.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a directly related position involving the development of software in at least one of the fields of self-driving vehicles, autonomous mobile robotics, automation, or artificial intelligence.
- Experience must include two (2) years (can be concurrent) with each of the following:
- building software based on software/systems development life cycle practices;
- working with common robotics middleware and frameworks like ROS;
- developing sensor data (camera images, LiDAR point clouds, IMU/INS readings, etc.) processing algorithms;
- basic prototyping of AI and robotics applications; and (v) C/C++ and Python programming languages.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Locomation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Locomation, Inc. employment policies.